How much do you know about ways to improve your smile? What types of restorations can we use to improve your smile? How many visits will you need to complete before you can achieve the smile you are proud to show off? You can learn all of this and more in the following quiz.
Take our quiz and answer the questions to the best of your ability. Don’t worry about getting the questions wrong. We’ll have the answers following the quiz.
1. What type of stains will teeth-whitening cure?
A. Coffee stains
B. Smoking stains
C. Medicine stains
D. All of the above
2. You can repair chips in your teeth with:
D. None of the above
3. You can use porcelain veneers to restore teeth with:
A. Heavy stains
B. Chips or cracks
D. All of the above
4. Dental implants are what percentage as strong as natural teeth?
A. 35 percent
B. 55 percent
C. 70 percent
D. 90 percent
5. Cosmetic dentistry is not affordable for most patients.
1. D. At Oregon City Family Dentistry, we use an at-home teeth whitening procedure that can get rid of even the toughest dental stains. While many dentists offer teeth-whitening services, a lot of quick, in-office whitening treatments cannot tackle the heavier dental stains. Our whitening CAN knock even the heaviest dental stains. Getting the treatment is simple. We take an impression of your mouth and fashion an oral appliance. We’ll then prescribe you a special whitening gel. You’ll apply the gel to the appliance and wear the appliance every day for about two weeks — or until you reach your desired shade. This at-home whitening system can drastically improve the brightness of your smile.
2. C. Often times, a small chip or flaw in your tooth doesn’t need a major reconstruction. We can use a tooth-colored bonding material to cover the flaws in the tooth. The bonding material can be matched to blend in perfectly with the natural shade of your smile. We also don’t need to prepare the tooth to complete most bonding procedures.
3. D. Veneers are seen as strictly a cosmetic dentistry procedure, but they are extremely versatile. We commonly use veneers on teeth with heavy stains, chips, cracks, or breaks. Placing a veneer is a two-step process. We first remove a small portion of the enamel. Then we take an impression and place a temporary restoration. The final restoration is set during your final visit. We use eMax, a composite material, and porcelain veneers. Porcelain is ideal for restoring teeth because the material reflects light in a way similar to your natural teeth.
4. D. Dental implants are the best option we dentists have for replacing missing teeth. They nearly mimic the look and function of your natural teeth and can be restored with crowns, bridges, or even dentures. A dental implant provides so much support because it is placed in the jawbone, and it merges with the jawbone over time. The implants can also be placed with a 95 percent success rate. A dental implant is a restorative treatment, but like any restorative treatment, we focus on function and aesthetics.
5. B. Cosmetic dentistry is often not covered by your dental insurance providers, but it is affordable. Our office works with every patient to understand their smile goals and their budget. If finances are a concern, we can set you up with affordable financing options. Cosmetic dental procedures can change your smile, boost your confidence, and improve your overall quality of life. It’s hard to put a price on that.
How’d you do on our quiz? I hope you have learned a few things about what cosmetic dental procedures are right for you. If you have flaws or imperfections in your smile, call our office today at 503-917-0523 to schedule a consultation.
GET OUR FREE E-BOOK
Find out how implants can improve your life! Fill out the form for instant access.